Installation involves two steps:
- Download and installation of MaxScore/LiveScore
- Authorization of MaxScore/LiveScore
1. Download and installation of MaxScore/LiveScore
Get the installers for:
Beta version 0.7.rc (posted on October 7, 2015)
This version will also work with Max 7
Version 0.6.20 (posted on May 16, 2014)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher; Java 1.5; Max 6.1 or higher
- Windows XP or higher; Java 1.5; Quicktime; Max 6.1 (or higher)
- LiveScore users will need Ableton Live 9.0 or higher in addition
On Windows, make sure you have the matching version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed. If in doubt, install both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the JRE. Although not immediately obvious, Java.com will let you choose other installations than the default one. Also consult this page which contains useful information on choosing the right JRE for the 64-bit Windows operating system when running 32-bit or 64-bit browsers. These statements can also be applied to the 32-bit or 64-bit Max and/or Live versions.
2. Location of installed files
The installer puts
– Max resources into a folder called MaxScore inside [your_Max_folder]/Packages.
– Ableton Live files into a folder called LiveScore with the path (path to Ableton)>User Library (see above).
3. Authorization of MaxScore
You’ll need to authorize MaxScore once you’re done with the installation process. For this, use your old JMSL license or request a new license from www.algomusic.com (the Mac OS X installer will take you there at the end of the installation). Once you’ve received your license file (a short text file with the .lic extension), locate the JMSL License Installer and drag the .lic file onto the License Installer. Alternatively open MaxScore Combo from MaxScore Overview (which you’ll find in the Max Extras menu) or the Max>New From Template menu, click on Open Editor and open the JMSL License Installer by choosing Authorize MaxScore from the editor’s File menu.
There is no need to install additional software such as the current JMSL release!! Once you’re done either open Max and choose MaxScore Template or MaxScore Combo from the Max File>New From Template menu or open the set LiveScore Demo.als in Ableton Live.
The MaxScore/LiveScore Fluidsynth and Sampler components come with default sounds, but may require more sounds for playback. This page will help you to get you started.
5. Additional Downloads
If you want to use the DJster Autobus-Scorepion, a generative plugin capable generating musical structures according to rules that Clarence Barlow implemented in his AUTOBUSK software, you need to download additional resources from djster.georghajdu.de. The download also contains DJster versions for Ableton Live and Quintet.net.